Newsletter – February 2022
1. International Online Conference 2022 – Registration
The Society is organising an International on-line conference for May 10th to 12th 2022. Visit www.isrp.com for details where you register through a link to vfairs. There will be a registration fee for the conference and there will be opportunities for sponsorship. Obviously, protection against infectious respiratory disease will be a major theme of the conference.
If you are a member who has registered on www.isrp.com and who is in good standing you will find you member’s discount code by logging in, going to membership and clicking on “My Account”. If you are trying to register as part of an organisation with Corporate Membership and are not individually registered on www.isrp.com I can generate a code for you. If you think you are a member in good standing but cannot find a code on www.isrp.com then let me know.
The full conference will last from 10th to 12th May but, in addition there will also be an educational session which could be used for PD purposes on May 9th. This will be Americas based though the European Section are hoping to add its own content.
Sessions will be timed so that at least two of the time-zone regions (Americas, Europe and Far East) can participate live without having to be awake in the middle of the night. Sessions will be recorded.
2. International Online Conference 2022 – Call for Papers
We are looking for papers – the accompanying flyer has a link to Ex Ordo – the website that we are using to collate them and distribute them to reviewers. Submissions as abstracts will be accepted on a rolling basis until 28 February 2022 at https://isrp2022.exordo.com and the abstracts will be peer reviewed.
If you are registered on our parent website, www.isrp.com, you will be sent further emails when the details have been finalised.
3. 2022 European Section Webinars
Following the sections successful 2021 webinar programme, we are pleased to announce the schedule for 2022. The European section will be hosting the following webinars this year:
1. Basics of Respiratory Protection – What, where and Why?
- Date: provisionally Spring
- Presentations including the basics of respiratory physiology, fundamentals of filtering- and breathing apparatus- RPDs
2. Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
- Date: provisionally Late Summer
- Including presentations on what is RCS? Occupational hazards & physiological effects of RCS, and case studies on the latest RPE technologies and procedures for mitigating against RCS.
3. Welding: The multi-hazard process
- Date: provisionally Autumn
- Including presentations on welding fabrication processes, occupational hazards, and RPE/PPE requirements.
4. Asbestos: The Latent Killer
- Date: provisionally Early Winter
- Including presentations on What is Asbestos? Origins, hazards & European regulations, and case studies on the latest RPE technologies and procedures for mitigating against Asbestos.
If you are registered on our parent website, www.isrp.com, you will be sent further emails on the webinars when the details have been finalised.
4. Membership for 2022
The Society needs your support more than ever in these times. If you wish to join for the first time the best route is via the main website, www.isrp.com. You need to create a personal data field there as a member of the European Section to obtain access to the Society databases. When payment is requested ask to pay “off-line”. You will be directed to www.isrpeurope.com. where you register with the section and submit payment to us.
If you cannot use online credit card facilities for payment please contact the section secretary and we will send an invoice so you can pay via our bank.
February 6th 2022