Posters Presentation Guide
Poster author attendance times
Would posters authors please make themselves available by their poster to discuss your poster with attendees during the following times:
- Poster Session 1, Monday afternoon break
- Poster Session 2, Tuesday, afternoon break
- Poster Session 3, Wednesday morning break during which the posters will be judged
Set-up & Take-down
- Posters will be in the Pembroke College auditorium and the tea/coffee hall outside the auditorium.
- Set-up hours for posters will be Sunday 27th September between 15:00-17:00 and Monday 28th September between 07:00 – 08:00.
- Please take-down your poster during lunch and afternoon break on Thursday 1st October. Note: Please dismantle your poster within 30 minutes of close of conference or your poster will be discarded.
- All supplemental materials, including any (optional) handouts that support poster research or presenter business cards, must be distributed ON your poster board. Tables will not be provided for posters.
Poster Specifications & design suggestions
The poster should be a visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria:
TITLE The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract.
SIZE The poster must be no less than A1 and no larger than A0 size (AO size is 841mm x 1189mm). Orientation of your poster must be in portrait (vertical) style.
LETTERING The poster should be easily readable at a distance of two metres. Use UPPER and lower case for general content as the use of all-capital text is difficult to read. Avoid using a mixture of type/font styles.
AUTHORS Include names off all authors
CONTENT 24 to 32 point font size single spaced is recommended. The text should be concise and easy to read.
The message that your poster contains should be clear and understandable without the requirement of oral explanation.
Use pictures, symbols and colour. Figure legends are essential and should be short but informative. If using graphs, they should have a short heading. For visual effect, we recommend that graphs be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
Photographs should be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.
On-site Printing Options
We can arrange for your poster to be printed locally in the UK.
- Poster will be printed size A0 (AO size is 841mm x 1189mm)
- JSP has very kindly offered to print out posters free of charge. Please contact
Director – Respiratory & Technical Support
Request for printing must be received before 1st September 2020
- If you wish to ship your poster to the conference, please contact
Best Poster Award
Posters will be judged during the conference and an award for best poster will be made. The winner will receive a certificate and monetary prize to the value of £250.
The award will be made at the Awards Dinner on Wednesday 30th September, where the winner will be announced and asked to stand in recognition.