1. Membership for 2022
The Society needs your support more than ever in these times. If you are already a member please visit www.isrpeurope.com to renew your membership by credit card payment.
If you wish to join for the first time the best route is via the main website, www.isrp.com.You need to create a personal data field there as a member of the European Section to obtain access to the Society databases. When payment is requested ask to pay “off-line”. You will be directed to www.isrpeurope.com where you register with the section and submit payment to us.
If you cannot use online credit card facilities for payment please contact the section secretary and we will send an invoice so you can pay via our bank. We will be sending out invoices shortly to those who paid by this route last year.
2. International Online Conference 2022 – CALL FOR PAPERS
The Society is organising an International on-line conference for May 10th to 12th 2022. In addition there will also be an educational session which could be used for CPD purposes on May 9th.
We are looking for papers – the accompanying flyer has a link to Ex Ordo – the website that we are using to collate them and distribute them to reviewers. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis until 28 February 2022 at https://isrp2022.exordo.com.
If you are registered on our parent website, www.isrp.com, you will be sent further emails when the details have been finalised.
Sessions will be timed so that at least two of the time-zone regions (Americas, Europe and Far East) can participate live without having to be awake in the middle of the night. Sessions will be recorded.
There will be a registration fee for the conference and there will be opportunities for sponsorship. Obviously, protection against infectious disease will be a major theme of the conference.
3. European Section Webinars 2022
Following the sections successful 2021 webinar programme, we are pleased to announce the schedule for 2022. The European section will be hosting the following webinars this year:
1. Basics of Respiratory Protection – What, Where and Why?
- Date: provisionally Spring
- Presentations including the basics of respiratory physiology, fundamentals of filtering- and breathing apparatus- RPDs
2. Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
- Date: provisionally Late Summer
- Including presentations on what is RCS? Occupational hazards & physiological effects of RCS, and case studies on the latest RPE technologies and procedures for mitigating against RCS.
3. Welding: The multi-hazard process.
- Date: provisionally Autumn
- Including presentations on welding fabrication processes, occupational hazards, and RPE/PPE requirements
4. Asbestos: The Latent Killer
- Date: provisionally Early Winter
- Including presentations on What is Asbestos? Origins, hazards & European regulations, and case studies on the latest RPE technologies and procedures for mitigating against Asbestos.
If you are registered on our parent website, www.isrp.com, you will be sent further emails on the webinars when the details have been finalised.
4. Membership Updates
To continue supporting our membership and encourage the Exchange of Information within our organisation, we will be continuing with our ISRP – MEMBER Introduction slots within each of the webinars listed above. Therefore, if any member would like to volunteer to give a 10-15-minute elevator pitch of their company, latest technology and/or relevant research, we would very much welcome abstract submissions. Please contact either the section chair or secretary for further details.
Please Note that there was no December Newsletter.
Dave Crouch at
Chair isrp European Section
Mike Williams at
Secretary isrp European Section
January 7th 2022